Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Wow, it's September!

So, it's a few days late, I know. But somehow, I missed the beginning of the month. Might have been because it was a Sunday. Might have been because it was Labor Day weekend. Be that as it may, I figured it was better late than never to link up with Oh Boy, Third Grade for the monthly "Currently":


Yep, I spent the whole day (about 12 hours) cleaning the house. Thankfully I have an awesome husband that served as referee to our girls so I could try to keep my motivation up and actually get something done. Why 12 hours of cleaning? Well, I used to have a crafty room in our spare bedroom and never actually went in there to do crafty projects so I figured, if I moved it out onto the tile area in our girls' playroom, I could keep an eye on them and not feel so isolated being in a completely different room. Plus I could at least watch TV with them. So I moved most of the stuff out of the spare room except for my fabric which basically needs a room of its own. Unfortunately, after moving all that, the spare room turned into a storage room and I found myself still bringing stuff into the living room to work on so I didn't have to watch the Disney Channel for hours on end. So the goal of the day was to clean up both areas and make the spare room a spare room again. The results? I'm about 75% of the way done :( Oh well, better than nothing, right?

As for the changes, we were super excited to find out that my husband got a promotion! He's been working at a prison for the past 3 1/2 years and, in a few weeks will officially be a parole/probation officer which is what he's wanted to do since he was in high school. I just hope he loves it! At least his commute goes from 1 1/2 hours a day to 30 minutes a day and he can sleep until 6:30 instead of getting up at 5:00.

Also, I finally was able to open up an Etsy Store to put all my Random Craftiness creations in. I've only had it open for about a week but I've already made a sale so my hopes are pretty high. :)




There are also a few other changes going on but I don't really want to jinx them just yet. ;) Hopefully by the next Currently, I'll be able to share a few more!!

Katie

2 comments: