Sunday, September 15, 2013

Lite Brite Love

My daughter got a Lite Brite as a birthday gift and, for a 7-year old, I'm surprised at how long she can play with it without getting bored. So of course the teacher in me kicks in and thinks "Hmm, how great would it be if my students were this engaged at an independent center?!?" Enter, my Monday Made It project of the weekend (yes, it took ALL weekend to make this).

(Be sure to check out other Monday Made It links to see all the wonderful creativity!)
 
So, being the OCD person I am, before I could even fathom the idea of using Lite Brites in my classroom, I had to conquer the issue of effectively storing all those itty, bitty, teeny, tiny plastic pegs. I just happened to have an empty one of those little plastic bead storage boxes sitting around that are usually only a couple bucks at the craft store. I simply cut rectangles of construction paper and taped them into the bottom to designate a space for all the pegs.
 
 
Then, I found a cute background and font because, of course, I needed a cute label for the lid of the box.
 
 
Then, I spent the rest of the weekend making all the pages. I even made sure to print them out and "test" them myself (yes, that would be my excuse to play with my daughter's Lite Brite).
 
Be sure to check out the set over at my TpT shop by clicking on the picture below:
 
 
 
Hope you have a wonderful week!
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment